- Once the month of November hits, everyone's Facebook is full of the month of thankfulness posts (I'm not even sure if that's the technical term for it). Be thankful EVERY. DAMN. DAY. Every day is a gift and we shouldn't need a holiday to remember that. Live every day fully and be grateful we have the gift of life. This leads me to...
- So many people look over Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas. Many even start Christmas celebratory prep in summer months. Think about it, you're making time fly by even faster than what it should. Enjoy every day and every holiday, then start your Christmas festivities. Slow down, please. You'll thank me for it later.
- The holidays are supposed to be about love, gratefulness and spending time with your loved ones. I think many forget about that and it can sometimes bring peoples bad sides out. Grocery stores before Thanksgiving are a NIGHTMARE, Black Friday is a NIGHTMARE and any sort of retail store is absolutely INSANE before Christmas. As a shopper you run into some really disgruntled people, but as a sales associate you are fully in their line of fire and there is no escape. My brother and sister both work in retail at the moment and being put in front of a real life firing squad would be more fun for them than to work retail during the holidays. I urge everyone to take a deep breath and try to not let stress get in the way of the holiday spirit. Plan ahead, buy online, whatever you need to do to make the holiday less stressful on you. If you're out in the stores, try to be compassionate towards other shoppers and the people working retail. Give a smile and say thank you, I promise you it will go miles with not only making your experience better, but also helping those around you to have a better day and maybe pass it on to someone else. Smiles are contagious.
Enough of the negative, lets get back to the positive. My Thanksgiving was lots of fun. It used to be a huge shindig every year with family coming from out of town and just masses of people everywhere, but in recent years it's mainly been immediate family only. I tend to prefer it that way because there's less people to climb over and it's less drama. My mom cooks every year and it's always insanely good. There's usually football, games and movies. This year was no exception. We played Heads Up & Taboo. We intended on playing Catch Phrase as well, but realized too late that we didn't have the right size of batteries. After all of those shenanigans, we watched Guardians of the Galaxy with the family. It was everything that it should be and more.
I make it a rule to stay away from stores as best I can the day before thanksgiving and I hate black friday (see #3), so no stores for me. I did, however, still manage to stumble upon some pretty awesome black friday deals.
- Glyder Apparel has 40% off the entire site for black friday. I snatched up some Black Ninja Cropped Leggings. Code: GOBBLE
- Alo Yoga is taking money off orders over certain amounts: Spend $150, get $20 off, Spend $200, get $45 off, Spend $300, get $75 off, Spend $450, get $100 off. I did not snag anything with this. There is no code required, it's taken off at checkout automatically. Their apparel is super nice. I'm itching for some Goddess Leggings and Airburshed Leggings.
- Rennes has 20% off orders over $200. Also did not snag anything with this one due to budget. Code: TRYPTOPHAN
- Shakti Activewear has 30% off storewide. Also did not get anything with this one. My budget was not allowing it. Code: BF14
- Dharma Yoga Wheel has $10 off of all purchases. I want one of these wheels so bad, but with the treatment I'm going through with my back at the moment, I feel like it may be a bit too advanced for me right now, thus a waste of money today. Code: BLACKDYW
- Nike is have 25% off of all of their clearance. I did jump on this one. I have a pair of their Legendary Tight Leggings that I love and wanted to try a pair of long leggings from them. The one's I got are not from the same line as the one's I already have, but I got them for super cheap with free shipping and returns. Code: DOMINATE
- Kiehl's also send me a $20 off code with any purchase over $65. I, naturally, stocked up on the Creme De Corps. Code: JOLLY
Other than Nike and Kiehl's the stores listed are small operations. Take a look through if you're looking for some good deals.