Date Night

13 February 2013


Valentine's day is right around the corner & that means that everyone & their mother will be going out on dates. While the female race may love a bold lip, men sure do not like lipstick smeared on their face after a good smooch session, so this is my guide to guy friendly date night makeup.

I always opt for something light weight when it comes to foundation. Tinted moisturizer's are my go to most of the time since they're light & pull double duty. My favorite at the moment is the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, but if you'd prefer a foundation to give you a little more coverage I suggest an illuminating one. My top picks include the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, Urban Decay Naked Foundation & the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. All three are really light weight & give your skin a nice, healthy glow. With one of them you could probably skip a highlighter all together, but if you need one, my favorite is the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana. 

When it comes to blush, keeping it simple is probably best. A lighter neutral one like the Revlon Photoready in Pinched is an all around crowd pleaser. Trying brighter colors may be a bit too distracting to the rest of the simple makeup.

For me, the eyes are the real show to a good date night look. It's also probably the easiest to get carried away with. I opt for a simple, neutral eye with just a touch of smokiness to it. The Burberry eyeshadows are my favorite formula at the moment. Pale Barley all over the lid with a bit of Midnight Brown through the crease & blended into the lash line is universally flattering on all eye colors. If you're prone to creasing, I suggest the NARS eyeshadow primer. I skip out on pencil or liquid liner & opt for a black brown eyeshadow smudged as close to the lash line as possible. This helps to enhance the lashes even more without taking away from everything else. My favorite is Urban Decay's Crave. Speaking of lashes, I personally don't wear fake eyelashes, but if you choose to, keep them as natural as possible. I top up with a waterproof mascara like the L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara.

On the lips I like a punch of color, but nothing too over powering. Formula is the key factor. Opt for a tinted balm. Nothing sticky or heavy, that just gets in the way of kissing. My two favorites are the Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Tint & the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic. Both are non sticky, flattering & moisturizing leaving your lips in optimum kissing condition.

When it comes to perfume I stay away from the sweet scents. My all time favorite is Stella by Stella McCartney, but a new perfume I've been testing out & enjoying is Gucci Premiere. It gives the effect of a perfume & cologne that have been layered on. A little of it goes a long way though. Something else I'm really into at the moment is hair perfume. I think these are very subtle & sexy. My top 2 are the Narciso Rodriguez for Her Hair Mist & Frederic Malle Carnal Flower.


0 comments:

the lazy girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger