January Favorites

01 February 2013

NARS Lola Lola Single Eyeshadow
NARS Ondine Single Eyeshadow
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser 215 Fair/Light
Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Rose Petal
Stila Custom Color Blush Self-Adjusting Pink
I've been working on re-designing the blog lately, so I've been pretty bad about posting. I apologize. I thought putting up my recent favorites would be a good way to start to slowly post again. Now I still have a lot of work left to do on the re-design, mainly internal things that no one would really notice, so I won't be back to regular posting for a little while, but I'll ease back into it here and there.

With the re-design, working 2 jobs & being sick, I've been rather busy. When I'm busy, that usually means that I'm more than usually lazy, especially with makeup. This months favorites have been rather simple & easy to use products. My birthday is at the start of January & this year my baby sister showered me with some lovely makeup bits. The NARS eyeshadows in Ondine and Lola Lola were two of the trinkets she gave me & they have been on a pretty regular rotation this month. They are both really beautiful colors that complement my eyes & make a great wash over the lid color. Lola Lola may barely nudge out Ondine for my favorite of the two, but they both deserve a mention.

Around christmas time I picked up the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Eraser. It stopped me because I originally thought it was the Maybelline under eye concealer that I love in a new package. When I realized it wasn't, I was a little intrigued by it. It's a 'treatment' concealer for anyone who suffers from dark spots. That's me! I've been using it throughout the entire month of January. It's easy to use & not cakey at all. Holy grail? I'm not sure, but definitely a good one.

This brings me to blush. A little over a year ago, if you would have asked me about blush I would have no idea what to say. I hated it then. But now?! I'm a bit of a blush whore. It's slowly inching it's way closer and closer to lip products as one of my favorite type of makeup products. For my birthday, I bought myself some blushes, two of which were the Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour & the Stila Custom Color Blush. I had been wanting to try a Laura Mercier blush for a LONG time, but didn't know which color to go for. I don't have a Laura Mercier counter anywhere near me, so when it comes to buying her products it's a bit of a shot in the dark. I went with Rose Petal & I'm extremely pleased. It's a beautiful pink that adds a nice subtle flush to the cheeks that's has a glow to it. The Stila blush doesn't have such a longing story. This one I had no idea I wanted until one day I was waisting some time in Ulta waiting for my mother for a lunch date. I have always been curious about the self adjusting blushes that had hit the market a while back (Dior & Givenchy to name a few). I stumbled across this one & made a little swatch & immediately fell in love. I'm not really sure if this really does adjust to your skin tone or if the color in the pan just so happens to suit me really well, but regardless I love it. I get complements all of the time when I wear it. I also swatched the coral one while I was there & it is also on my wish list, I just couldn't justify buying both of them at the moment & decided to hold off on that one since it'll probably be more suited to summer time.

0 comments:

the lazy girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger