Initial Product Rave: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

09 March 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation 130 Shell
When I first heard about this foundation, like the rest of the world I was insanely curious & excited. Unlike the rest of the world, I have yet to meet a Revlon foundation that I like. Typically, I don't like drugstore foundation. Most of the time the color matches are HORRIBLE for me. It always seems that drugstore foundations run too pink. I have a yellow/neutral undertone to my skin, so anything with a pink tone to it looks overly obvious on my skin. Revlon is one of the few drugstore lines that has decent colors on the more yellow side. (Although, Covergirl does have me intrigued with their new one) On paper, this ticks all of the right boxes. I don't like to feel like I'm wearing makeup, but yet I need a little bit of coverage. Also, lately my skin has seemed to be on the dull side...cold weather? sick? I'm not sure why, but it has been. I purchased this in the shade 130 shell, but I truthfully probably could've gotten 120 vanilla & been fine. Shell isn't a horrible match for me though, with a little blending it looks really good actually & I'm happy that I decided on this one. This does everything that it claims to do & for my combo/oily skin the staying power isn't too bad either. I don't wear this everyday as Revlon foundations have a history of breaking me out, so I try to minimize my wear time with this out of fear that this will do the same. While I have a tiny bit of a breakout currently, I'm pretty sure that it's hormonal & not related to this in the least. When I wear this, I always get complements on how glowing my skin looks. Right next to "you look so much thinner than that," that is a complement a girl loves to hear. Or at least I love to hear it. My only real con with this foundation is the packaging. Revlon, PLEASE put pumps on your foundations! This would make them so much more user friendly & make it to where I have nothing bad to say about it. Some say this is a dupe for the new YSL foundation, others say the Urban Decay Naked Foundation & there are even some that say it's similar to NARS Sheer Glow. I personally don't think that it has much common ground with the NARS Sheer Glow, but I do think that it shows many similarities to both the YSL foundation & the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. Dupe? Maybe, just maybe...

0 comments:

the lazy girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger