Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution, a love story.

28 April 2013

Bioderma Sensibio H2O

It's no secret that I have a bit of a thing for micellar waters. Bioderma is my first love when it comes to this type of product, but since it is so damn hard to get your hands on in the U.S. & I don't have the luxury to hop on over to Europe whenever I need to replenish ..I've been left to my own devices. For a while I was buying it from Amazon, which wasn't bad, but a reliable seller that was always in stock when I needed them to be proved to be more difficult to find than I thought it would be. So after doing the Amazon tango with Bioderma, I decided to go on the hunt for something that was more easily accesible but still a great quality. My first stop was Caudalie's version. While this one is probably the closest in comparison with Bioderma, I still had to order it from online since the brand is not stocked locally for me & the price point was MUCH larger. Scratch. The when Sephora released their own offering & it was available in my local Sephora at a lower price point I nearly jumped out of my pants at the prospect of finding a winner. Unfortunately, the formula wasn't that great. There was something in it that made it smell soapy & it burned my eyes. Strike two. Then came Vichy's offering. Newly available in Ulta & also a French brand, I squinted my eyes and crossed my fingers as I handed over my bank card to the cashier. The Vichy one was great. The formula is right up there with Caudalie's. While not identical to Bioderma, they are still great. Once I started to dissect the price per ml math though, the affair came crashing down around me as most affairs do. Even with shipping & the pain in the ass tracking, Bioderma came in at a cheaper price. Like cheap enough to make me want to hunt it down again. Hunt it down is exactly what I did. I found a great price for it on Amazon, so I snatched up two this last time. Boy am I glad that I did. The formula is still the more superior one of all that I have tested & since the bottle's so big & I have two of them I don't have to worry about constantly replacing it. Of course I will always have Caudalie & Vichy there as back ups just in case I can never find this again. Bioderma, if you're reading this, PLEASE start selling in the states!


0 comments:

the lazy girl's handbook All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger